News & Events
Learn more, get involved or find a local support group.
Opioid abuse should be treated as a disease not a moral failing, says CEO who lost his son to addiction
November 20, 2017 | Berkeley Lovelace Jr., CNCB
Earlier this month, 16 major health-care players, including Aetna, Cigna, and Anthem, signed on to Shatterproof's Substance Use Disorder Treatment Task Force. The organization is aiming to fight the opioid crisis by seeking to bring standardized care to addiction treatment.
- The Power of Peer Coaching
- Federal grant to help combat South Dakota's opioid epidemic
- Attend our monthly watercolor studio
- Surgeon General Vivek Murthy: Addiction Is A Chronic Brain Disease, Not A Moral Failing
- States See Peer-Recovery Coaches As A Way To Break The Addiction Epidemic
- There’s No One Right Way to Think About Addiction
- Are journalists responsible for meth triggers?
- Thoughts for Sunday
- Faith Community Taking on Addiction Crisis